Jun 15, 2022
In geveb is seeking to hire a new member of our editorial team who will take an active role in the collaborative work of the journal. The new position will average between 5-7 hours a week, depending on the availability and interest of the applicant. This position is for the 2022-2023 academic year, with the possibility of renewal. The compensation for this position is a stipend of $1500.
An ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about performing the following tasks (the scope of the position will be determined in a conversation with the applicant):
- Working with the Peer Review Editors to identify new scholarly areas of research in Yiddish Studies
- Working with the Peer Review Editors to identify new and diverse Yiddish-related scholarly publications for review
- Assisting the Senior Editor and Peer Review Editors in manuscript evaluation, editing, and preparation
- Soliciting and coordinating double-blind peer reviews of articles, in coordination with editors
- Soliciting and coordinating book reviews, in coordination with editors
- Tracking the progress of reviews and articles, and helping to organize the efforts of the editorial staff
In addition, an ideal candidate will be a supportive, creative, and motivated member of the editorial team, participating in collaborative projects and supporting new initiatives.
We are looking for someone who has excellent independent time-management and organizational skills.
This is a part-time remote position.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS
We’re looking for a candidate who is excited to build on the work that we are doing to expand Yiddish Studies scholarship. The position requires a candidate who:
- Is organized and can manage a variety of projects with a wide range of deadlines.
- Is a strong writer with editorial experience or a desire to learn editorial skills for academic writing
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree or equivalent required with a focus on Yiddish studies; Preference given to Ph.D. candidates who are ABD
- Previous experience with academic writing
- Previous experience with coordinating multi-tiered scholarly projects
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV to [email protected] with the subject line Peer Review Editorial Associate. The deadline for applications is July 15.
In geveb provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Nothing in this job description or advertisement postings guarantees employment.